Quitting Smoking One Day at a Time...

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Fat Ticker Friday...Too Much Change! Stop the Roller Coaster, I Want to Get Off!!


Just a quick check in.....since I went to Fitcamp (August 15--30 2008) I have lost a total of 15 pounds! I lost three more pounds and am finally back in a full size smaller clothing! I had a half a closet full of clothes that I could not fit into and it was really a wake up call to have to go buy clothes in a bigger size because I could not fit into anything that was in my closet! This is a quality problem and I am happy with the results, I just wish it wasn't so much work! It is so easy to gain a pound and so hard to take one off.....kind of like its easy to spend money but not that easy to get it! Again, these are quality problems but any change is still a tad bit stressful and I do not deal with stress well at all! I have anxiety attacks and then get asthma so I have to watch my stress levels!

Maybe I am just tired! I am working like crazy at the new school site and its a lot of hard work! I wake up at 5:30 AM and don't get home until usually 6:00 PM. There is so much to learn I just can't keep up! It seems as if EVERYTHING in my life is changing....I know it is necessary but again, its a lot of work. I don't mind working hard but I have been teaching for over ten years and I feel like I am brand new! I know I will get it and I think its just sometimes its uncomfortable when you need to change everything! I didn't really plan on dealing with a new job, a new way of eating, preparing food differently, the huge learning curve of things I need to learn like yesterday. Tomorrow I need to go to a training and grade a ton of papers! I know this is a challenging period and I will get through it. Right now I just feel like I am drowning and need a life jacket. Maybe I am just exhausted and I need to take a break! I am glad that I am going to a nice catered wedding reception after the training I have tomorrow.

Gotta Run. I miss everyone and hope all is going well with my fellow bloggers! As for smoking, it occurred to me to light up and then I was like, "Why?" I will have a year off cigarettes on November 11th, 2008 and I really want to make my year! I can always have my misery refunded if I want that lifestyle back. I went and checked in with my smoking therapist and she was so happy to see me back she had me give the newbies a pep talk! Who would have thought?

Peace,
Diva

7 comments:

Christie O. said...

wow!! you certainly have a lot going on!! but man, way to go on your loss this week through it all! sounds like you are still focused, even though it feels like chaos. it'll end soon, i promise!! you're doing awesome!!! and high five to you on the new size!! doesn't that feel wonderful???????

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a whole bunch all at once, Diva. I'm glad you get to take a day for a breather. Hang in there - sounds like it's all positive stuff!

Landlady of Fat said...

congrats!!! stick with it, you're doing AWESOME!

lynda w said...

I can definately relate to the clothes getting too small. That's what's happening here and I refuse to buy bigger clothes, so I really need to get on track. Keep up the great work!

lynda w said...

Also, congrats for not lighting up! Just remember how sick you got after you quit and that you don't want to go through any of that again! You're doing great!

Anonymous said...

Hi Diva:

I saw your comment on Jimmy Moore's blog that you can't find low carb bread in the Los Angeles area. www.vivalowcarb.com is located in L.A. area, Paramount to be exact. We have over 900 items all low carb and sugar free. Including awesome One carb bread. Check us out, we are local to you :-)
Take care! Rossana 562-808-2130

Author said...

I think you're doing awesome! You're not drowing yet, or you wouldn't be doing this well. And for someone who stresses out over small changes, you're handling this entire re-invention thing really really well. Congrats, hang in there, and keep it up! It will all work out in the end.