Quitting Smoking One Day at a Time...

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hey Everyone....Give Me a Holla! I Am Planning to Revamp My Blog...Not Really Sure What to Focus On! Suggestions Welcomed!

Hey there....My last post was kinda long so I am gonna keep this quick and to the point. I am in the process of revamping my blog. I am not sure what to focus on. Of course there is my Chantix Quit....it is important for me to remember that I am one cigarette away from a pack a day and be there to pay it forward for other quitters. If I did not have the network of Maggie, MamaFlo, Lynda and Brandie in the beginning, I do not know if I would have made it. Now that I have had some success, I get to watch the progress and offer support to some Chantix newbies like Jude (who has racked up a lot of time off cigarettes and isn't really new) and Chris, who is pretty new and is doing great. I am going to get a ticker and all that good stuff when I revamp as I always want to be able to post if I feel like smoking or need some support. Being able to say "I need help," is such a huge safety net for me! I cannot believe it has been over EIGHT months off of cigarettes! I am so glad I am no longer making Phillip Morris rich and am not inhaling toxins! I smell much better and have a lot more pocket money too!

Ok, about the blog, I am determined to continue improving my health and plan on working on changing my eating habits and getting more exercise. I think I will be discussing those topics quite a bit and want to kind of have a getting healthy...physically, mentally and spiritually focus. As most of you know, I am also a historian, educator, and am gay. I am not sure if I should deal with history/educational/political stuff in this blog or start another one! I don't know about having two blogs. Sounds like a whole lotta work to me! I mean, this is supposed to be a hobby! Since I am unsure what direction I should go in, I am asking all my friends out in blogland for some feedback on where to go from here. When I first started blogging, it was for a very specific purpose--to get support and give support while quitting smoking. Now, I find I have more things to say than I ever thought I would even consider! Let me know what you think!
Peace,
Diva

5 comments:

Jude said...

Squeek--I was mentioned.
Gosh I don't know--do you have to have a topic for your other blog?

I have the other blog and it's just random stuff. but my no smo blog is where I really feel like
I can say anything.

Can't you just say whatever you are feeling at the time?

8 months--wowee! i will be at 4.5 months on Sunday...and these past 2 weeks have been the easiest ever. i was starting to wonder if it was ever going to stop being so friggin hard.
but i love that i don't have to spend all that time/effort/money covering up the smell of smoke.

anywho. you have been huge help to me. thank you so much.
sometimes i felt like i was all alone in this except for you guys. and sometimes I really was all alone except for you guys.

lynda w said...

I'm probably not much help here. I have my one and only blog where I dump everything into it. It's about all I can do to keep up with it this summer. I'm sure whatever you decide to do will be fun.

Have you checked into any of the free blogger templates that are out there? Pyzam.com has lots of fun templates. Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

Not sure how much help I am, either. It's your blog or blogs to do your thing, so do what works for you. :)

Chris said...

I wrote a long comment yesterday, and then it disappeared!
I agree with Jude totally. But also, to summarise what I wrote yesterday ... without you guys I wouldn't have stayed stopped I don't think. I also think it's real important for you to talk about your other addictions, if you can, because the help that this can give to others can be vital. We can carry on this conversation later. Got to get ready for work, and my holiday!
Cx

Konstantin said...

Hmmm, you know I have been asking myself the same question...whether to create a separate blog for my other stuff or not. Do I even have enough of the "other" stuff to blog about, or time to put it down? Either way, you can combine all kinds of different topics in one blog - by using labels. If you label all your chantix posts with label "chantix," people would be able to read just your chantix posts by typing your blog address, slash, label name (chantix, i.e.): www.divaindachantixhouse.blogspot.com/chantix. same for personal posts, or politics, etc. just as long as you stay consistent with labeling, you could do that. then some of the posts could share several labels, if they fell into several categories...
Hope this helps...