Quitting Smoking One Day at a Time...

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Friday, December 28, 2007

I DID NOT SMOKE.......THANK GOD!


Just to let you all know, I dealt with the cravings I had all day and my sister smoking all night in the garage! The smell kept leaking into the house and thankfully I still did not smoke! I realized how bad stale smoke smells and it really started to annoy me. Did I mention how bad it STUNK! Its really cold so she moved from the patio to the garage to smoke. My sister used to be really judgemental and tell me how bad I stunk when I was still smoking and when I asked her to smoke outside on the patio instead of an enclosed area, she just kind of looked at me and said "yeah." I could tell she was annoyed. I mean, who wants to go inhale poison in the cold? My breathing was starting to get effected but I managed to get through this very difficult day. I think my cravings came back because of the smoke smell traveling through the house. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. Thanks for the support.
Peace,
Diva

6 comments:

Author said...

Good for you! There is no way I could quit smoking if someone were smoking inside the house. Besides, what benefit is there to that? Props to you for kicking her outside to smoke, and staying strong through it all!

lynda w said...

Great job! While I still enjoy the smell of someone smoking, the smell of stale smoke when they come back inside makes my stomach roll. Good for you for making it through it!

Mz Diva said...

Brandie, Thanks for the support! My sister and I BOTH used to smoke outside. Hopefully, she will see how well Chantix works and call her doctor about it. It sure beats paying $4.50 a pack to kill yourself. Its warmer today, lets hope the garage airs out. Hope your cravings have subsided also. This was my worst episode since I started Chantix almost 60 days ago and I do think te smell triggered the incident as I feel ok today.
Peace,
Diva

Mz Diva said...

Thanks To you to Lynda!

Antonio Howell, M.D. said...

Hang in there Diva.

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it. The rough patches are no fun, and I still avoid smoke smell even this far along the path, so I understand what a trigger it can be. Hang tough!